Trisodium Hexafluoroaluminate, monoclinic, columnar crystal or block. The Mohs hardness is 2.5, the density is 2.97 to 3.00 g/cm2, and the refractive index is 1.338 to 1.339. Birefringence 0.001, positive light. The dispersion value is 0.024. Glass luster to grease luster. Transparent. Colorless, white, brown or red.
Sodium Hexafluoroaluminate Basic information:
2.9 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
Sparingly soluble in water(0.602 g/L at 20°C)
1. Used as a melting agent for aluminum smelting, reducing the electrolytic temperature, and also as an electrolyte in alloy production.
2. The ingredients of the grinding wheel, mainly used as a filler for resin bonding grinding wheels.
3. Pesticides for crops.
4. Rubber industrial chain olefin polymerization catalyst.
5. Enamel glaze melting agent and emulsifier whitening agent.
6. For the manufacture of opal glass and glass anti-reflective coating.
Sulfuric acid→Sodium carbonate→Hydrofluoric acid→Aluminium hydroxide→Hexafluorosilicic acid→Calcium fluoride→Industrial salt→Sodium hexafluoroaluminate
Store in a dry warehouse and avoid packaging breakage, contamination and moisture.