Sodium Cryolite. The characteristics of granular Sodium Cryolite are:
1. Good fluidity, dust pollution, suitable for mechanized blanking.
2. High yield in electrolytic production, can reduce the cost of electrolytic aluminum.
3. Molecular ratio between 2.5 and 3.0, especially suitable for the opening of electrolytic aluminum.
4. Particles Mostly 1~10mm.
The characteristics of powdered Sodium Cryolite are:
1. Can achieve higher particle size, usually more than 200 mesh;
2. Molecular ratio can reach 1.75~2.5, with good adjustability;
3. Ultra-fine products, 325 mesh pass rate is 98% or more, can meet special industries requirements for Sodium Cryolite.
Sodium cryolite is used mainly as a solvent in the electrolytic production of aluminum as it effectively lowers down the melting point of alumina. It is used in the enamel and glass industries,as a filler in bonded abrasives, in making salts of aluminum and sodium and porcelaneous glass and in the insecticides.Sodium cryolite is a relatively safe fruit and vegetable insecticide.
Sodium Cryolite is supplied as a dry powder in 25kg plastic woven bags and 1000kg big bag with shrink.
CAS No.: 13775-53-6
Purity: 98% Min
Appearance: White crystal or powder
7.5 – 9.0
Fluorine Value as F
Silica as SiO2
Chloride as Cl
Sulphate as SO4
Iron as Fe
2.95 to 3.0.
209.9 g mol-1
Colorless to white, Monoclinic crystals
Soluble in AlCl3 solution, soluble in H2SO4
Solubility in Water
Insoluble in water